Moss Point & Pascagoula Railroad

Standard Gauge

Headquarters: Moss Point, MS (Jackson County)

Years of Operation: 1894-1903

Predecessor road: none 

Successor road: Pascagoula Street Ry & Power Co. 

Miles Operated: 6

Locomotives Owned: 2

Equipment

2 locomotives 3 passenger cars, 1 baggage car in 1902

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by Gil Hoffman:

The Moss Point & Pascagoula Railroad was chartered August 24, 1894, and opened from Moss Point to Pascagoula, Mississippi, 6 miles, on May 1, 1895. Capital stock was $50,000 and cost of the road was $90,000. Officers were J. W. Stewart, president; O. Randall, vice president; C. H. Wood, secretary and treasurer, and A. P. Cassils, manager.

In 1902 the line owned 2 locomotives, 3 passenger cars and 1 baggage car. In 1903 the railroad was sold to the Pascagoula Street Railway & Power Company.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ROSTER by Gil Hoffman: 

 

 

Road No.

 

Type

 

Builder

 

C.N.

 

Date

 

Cyls.

 

Dri. Dia.

 

Engine

Wt.

 

Previous Ownership

 

Disposition

 

1

 

4-4-0

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mobile, Jackson & Kansas City 1st #1, in 1898.

Moss Point & Pascagoula #1, in 4/1903.                                  

 

 

 

2

 

0-4-2T

 

Baldwin

 

9181

 

4/1888

 

11x16

 

37

 

39600

 

Mobile & Spring Hill R.R. #2, Mobile, AL.

Moss Point & Pascagoula #2

Baldwin class 6-16_ C 30

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                          

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS

Hit Counter

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad.