Natchez & Eastern Railway

Standard Gauge

Headquarters: Hattiesburg, MS (Forrest Co.)

Years of Operation: 1906-1909

Predecessor Roads: none

Successor Roads: Mississippi Central 

Miles Operated: 66 

Locomotives Owned: 

Equipment:

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by Tony Howe:

The Natchez & Eastern Railway was incorporated in 1906 by the owners of the Mississippi Central to construct a line from Brookhaven to Natchez to complete Mississippi Central's extension to Natchez. It was completed on May 1, 1908 and officially merged into the MSC on May 27, 1909.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS           

 

Hit Counter

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad. 

2009 Mississippi Rails