Pascagoula Northern Railroad (1909-1912)

Pascagoula, Moss Point & Northern Railroad (1912-1915)

Standard Gauge

Headquarters: Moss Point, MS (Jackson County)

Years of Operation: 1909-1915

Predecessor road: W Denny & Co.

Successor road: Alabama & Mississippi

Miles Operated: 42

Locomotives Owned: 6

Equipment

 

 

Click Map for Larger Version

History by Gil Hoffman:

The Pascagoula Northern Railroad was chartered in Mississippi June 9, 1909, and acquired the railroad property of W. Denny & Company, of Moss Point, MS, on November 19, 1909. The road was opened September 1, 1909 and completed to Evanston, MS, in July 1910. Passenger and express traffic were inaugurated June 4, 1910.

The company was reorganized April 30, 1912, as the Pascagoula, Moss Point & Northern Railroad. On June 23, 1915, the entire line was sold to the Alabama & Mississippi Railroad, of Vinegar Bend, AL.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                          

                                     HOME                                              ABOUT  US                                              LINKS

 

 

For more information contact Tony Howe at howe6818@bellsouth.net or David S. Price at dsprice46@bellsouth.net

All content on Mississippi Rails website is copyrighted by us or the individual or institution noted on the image or accompanying text. Please contact us below for permission to use any image or information contained on this website. Mississippi Rails is not affiliated with any railroad.